Chapter Thirty-five- Double Catch


~*~

"K'so no da!"

Anya blinked and turned in her seat to look at Chichiri. "What is it?"

"I left my hat back at that hotdog place!" The Bishonen gestured towards the sky, which was beginning to darken even though it was early afternoon. "It's gonna rain soon too, no da!"

"I'll get it," Anya said, standing up.

"I'll go with you," Sano and Chichiri began. Then they both blinked at each other.

"That's okay... Heero? Come with me?"

Said Bishonen looked up from the battle below, allowing surprise to flit across his face before he resumed his impassive expression. "Hn," he agreed with a nod. Then he stood and followed her through the seats.

"Don't kill each other," Anya told the three. Then she looked over to the side. "Abby? Hey, Abby?!"

Said trainer was a few seats over hugging her Valgaav, who had passed out a short while ago. Paul's Caramon sat nearby looking decidedly uncomfortable as Abby continued to babble about "Vallie-sama my DARLING" and how he had easily beat his first opponent in the ring. It took a few yells for her to realize that Anya was calling her.

"What, Anya?"

"Watch my Bishies? I'm heading over to the hotdog stand to get Chiri's hat back."

"Hotdog stand? Is there sugar too?"

"Ano, there are slushies and such there... " Anya sweat-dropped as Abby pulled out Valgaav's Bish-ball and made him disappear.

"Caramon, darling, watch the others. I'm off to get me some SUGAR!"

Anya hung her head. Then she blinked as she felt someone poke her in the back. She turned to see Jacky smiling understandingly at her. "I'll watch them all."

"Thanks so much, Jacky," Anya replied.

With that, the two trainers, Heero and a still-passed-out Valgaav made their way from the stadium into the hallways in search of the hotdog stand Anya had been to but an hour ago...

Fortunately, the group had chosen seats in the stadium that weren't too far from said stand, and almost immediately they found the place in question.

Though it had a slight difference.

"THIEF! COME BACK HERE!"

"Nyu-uh!"

"NEW YORK CITY POLICE! COME BACK HERE WITH THOSE, YOU UNTRAINED LOSER!"

"New York City...?" Both trainers blinked as a blur with dark hair and a scar raced by, followed quickly by another dark-haired blur.

"Untrained LOSER? That's a good one!"

Anya blinked, then went starry-eyed. "It's Thatz!" she declared, and quickly pulled out a Bish-ball. "Heero, help that Bishonen stop that Thatz!"

With a "Hn", Heero bolted in front of Thatz. The thief Bishonen did his best to turn and escape by way of another route, but Heero quickly tripped him, sending Thatz skidding for feet on end.

The Bishonen who had been chasing him stopped and leaned against a wall, panting hard. "Whew! Thanks!" he said. "I've been chasing him since he stole our wares back home!"

"Back home...?" Abby wondered aloud. "Then you're free?"

The Bishonen blinked, then stared at her warily. "Uh, hem, maybe, uh, maybe not? Oh look at the time! I oughtta be getting back..." Abby took a step forward, he took a step back.

"I dunno what kinda Bishie you are... but you're awesome!" Abby ^_^ed and pulled out an empty Bish-ball.

"Uh... RYO! HELP ME! RYOOOO!"

Too late. Abby's Bish-ball closed over the Bishonen, and he disappeared in a flash.

Anya, meanwhile, had dropped a Bish-ball on the stunned Thatz's head. He too disappeared without any real fight.

Soon, both trainers were elated; they'd each caught a new Bishie.

"YATTA AN' YOSH!" both declared.

Anya scooped up her Bish-ball first. "Let's meet our new Bishonen, Abby!"

"But of course! I must meet my new darling to-be!"

Heero quietly backed out of earshot and sight so he wouldn't be glomped by mistake, watching his trainer carefully from a distance.

"Thatz, come on out!"

"I choose... whoever the heck you are!"

The two Bishonen reappeared, looking slightly dazed.

Anya smiled at her new Bishonen. "Thatz, I'm Anya your new trainer. Nice to meetcha."

"Aww, you got Thatz..." Abby pouted.

"NO, Abby, I caught him, and he's my Bishonen. Besides, you caught..." Anya looked over Abby's newest Bishonen and blinked. "You've got a Dee! That's awesome!"

"Eh? Dee? Is that good?" Abby asked.

"Yeah, if you're into shounen-ai stuff!" Anya declared. "Dee's from that FAKE manga that just came out."

"Ooh... Never read it!" Abby ^_^ed again and glomped onto Dee. "But who cares?! He's hot and he's MINE!"

Anya sweat-dropped and turned to Thatz, who had his eyes squeezed shut and seemed to be holding his breath. "Um... Thatz? What're you doing, bud?"

He cracked an eye open cautiously. "You're not gonna glomp me?"

"Uh... no?"

"Sure?"

"Yeah."

"Oh." He relaxed and smiled. "Okay. So uh, now that I have this money and we're all buddies an' stuff... can we go now?"

"Money? Oh, no you don't. We're heading back to Demoonica's to return that!" Anya said, taking him by the arm. "Heero, come on will you? Let's go on in. I'll get us more sodas."

Heero, sensing that things were nominally safe for him now, nodded and followed his trainer back to where they'd eaten only a short while ago.

Abby, meanwhile, was still glomped onto Dee, who was quickly losing consciousness (as well as air). "My darling Dee, whoever you are... Mwehehe..."

~*~

"Thanks very much!" Demoonica smiled as she put the money back into the register.

"I don't understand why he did it, though," Anya said, glancing at Thatz. "I mean, sure he's a former thug, but why would he steal from a store? Thatz, wouldn't you be more interested in actual treasure?"

"Yeah, but that's back in my territory and it's a long walk from here," he explained. "Sides, I saw some other Bishie with long hair- I think he was a Duo or somethin'- take money from it."

"Like a Duo-" Demoonica paused, eyes glinting. "Zander. I bet he wanted his split of the paycheck early. Baka, doesn't he know he can get fired for that?!"

"Zander... wait a minute! I think I remember you guys!" Anya said. "You have a Kagome, right? A pregnant Kagome?"

Demoonica smiled. "A formerly pregnant Kagome, yes. She had an Inuyasha a short while back. He's so kawaii! That's right, you were at the baby shower! I forgot to thank you all for coming back then!"

"Yeah, sorry about not remembering earlier," Anya said. "A lot's been going on lately. Bishie catching, kidnapping attempts..." Without looking she grabbed Thatz's arm before he picked up something from the counter. "No."

Thatz pouted. "You're no fun."

"That's all right," Demoonica said. "I forgot too." She ^^;ed, then nodded. "Well, thanks again for your help. And it's a pleasure actually seeing you again. Oh! Your belt should be ready by now. You want it back?"

"But of course! How much?"

Demoonica told her, and Anya paid the bill. Soon the Zander came out with her Bish-belt and Bish-balls in hand, trying to look innocent as he handed them over.

"Zander, my dear Zander, we need to talk," Demoonica said sweetly.

"About what...?" he asked.

"About you taking your paycheck early, hmm?"

He winced. "Demoonica... today's our paycheck day, isn't it? Why does it matter?"

"You wait until the BOSS gives you leave to get your paycheck's worth, my half-Bishie Zander."

Half-Bishie...? Anya blinked. /Cool. He looks a lot like Duo, but... wow. Looks totally like a Bishonen. I hope I didn't say something stupid earlier about him being Bishonen, I'll bet he gets touchy about that stuff.../

"Well, thanks again," Anya said, buckling the belt back on. "Maybe I'll see you all later. For now... I must save a Bishonen from my friend out there."

Demoonica smiled. "Understood. Have a nice day."

"You too." Anya paused. "Wait! Did you guys see Chichiri's hat anywhere?"

"Yeah, we put it in the lost and found! Let me get it for you!" Demoonica ran behind the counter and ruffled through a few things before pulling out said hat. "Here you go!"

"Thanks so much! Bye now!"

"Bye!"

With that, she walked out of the store, Thatz firmly in tow and Heero not far behind. Anya then paused at the sight before her and sighed.

"Abby, MUST you make EVERY single Bishonen you own pass out from lack of oxygen the minute you see them?!"

~*~

"...I see. LSS knows then."

"Yes."

"In that case, I want that trainer and her Bishies with me now, Hiei. Teleport yourself right around the corner from her and get her here as soon as you can."

"You mean teleport right into the stadium? Wouldn't that..."

"...Be dangerous? Yes, Hiei, but I need you to take this risk. I have to have things up and ready very soon or I'll have some angry Bishonen breathing down my neck."

Hiei nodded. "All right. I'll head out now and see if I can grab her."

"Wait..."

The demon Bishonen paused. "What is it?"

"First, teleport all of her Bishonen to separate areas. Don't strain yourself, but... and make sure that Chichiri of hers loses his prayer beads, staff, hat, and cloak. Don't need him to make it that quickly."

"Right, I'm on it." With that, Hiei was gone.

"Oh, Anya, you ARE a difficult person, aren't you? No worries, you'll get to hang out with me here soon enough..."